Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things That Glitter....





Home today. . . .DH is out golfing and I'm crafting. I went and surveyed my rubber stamps and decided there were some sets that hadn't seen ink yet for one reason or another! I started with the stamp that had flowers coming out of the envelope. Stamped it once on white cardstock and then four other times on scraps of white cardstock. Colored in the flowers with markers and then cut out individual flowers so I could make it dimensional. Decided that wasn't enough so I clear embossed the flowers and then embossed them a second time with iridescent ice so they would have a sparkly finish. Applied a small pearl to the centre of each flower (did I mention I was at Michael's this morning?) The heart is done the same way as the flowers and the envelope was watercolored with grey and then I used a clear glaze pen to give the envelope a shiny look. The background paper is done using the Cuttlebug.

The pink and purple tones look a little off in the scan but do match better in real life. Clicking on the image will give you a better look at the glitter.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: SU - Send a Celebration, Lova Ya Bunches, Totally Tabs
Cardstock: SU - Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence
Ink: SU - Craft Ink Pixie Pink & Orchid Opulence, Going Grey Ancient Page Black
Markers - SU - Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence
Embossing Folder: Floral Fantasy
Embossing Powder: SU - Iridescent Ice & Detail Clear
Pearls from Michaels
Punches - SU - Ticket Corner, Round Tab





3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great blog site Yvonne! I will be able to see what you are creating now. AC

Julie Mutch said...

Very pretty glittery flowers! Love this one! Nice colours and Cuttlebug'd background, but the flowers are just fabulous!! :)