Thursday, September 11, 2008

5 Minute Card


Well first about last night....remember I was teaching a class. Well I must admit not my most organized class. Started out I had cut most of the stuff a couple of weeks ago (thought I was being efficient but forgot I was waiting on paper to finish some of the cutting so ended up having to cut more paper.) Didn't like how I had the tables arranged so will change that for the next classes. Then we got a new debit/visa machine at work. I do wish they would have left the old one. I fought with it last night and I think it one. Of course when it's 9:30 at night my brain is no longer functioning at its peak and logic thinking is out the window. Oh well, today is another day and I'll sort out what I did last night to Catherine so everything is back in sinc. lol
Onto the card.....really simple to make. I started with 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of ivory cardstock scored at 4 1/4". Fold the card in 1/2 and then on the front panel cut it on the diagonal so you will have a triangular piece. Cut a piece of patterned paper 4 x 5 1/4" and cut that on the diagonal as well. Now glue those pieces to the card front pieces. Next rotate the piece that is cut off so it will form a V on either the top or the side of the card and glue the diagonal piece back to the card. I placed a piece of colored cardstock on the inside and embossed my sentiment in gold. The added embelishment at the bottom of the card was a flower punch. Punched twice in two different colors, layered onto a brown circle punch and an eyelet to hold it all together. Used a dimensional to raise the embellishment. Go ahead give it a try!
Almost time to head out the door to work. See you tomorrow.
Yvonne

No comments: