Sunday, October 19, 2008

Christmas Ornament

This card was inspired from a sketch posted on the Canadian Cuttlebug Yahoo Group. I tried to save the sketch and then re-post it here but I couldn't get the image large enough and I can't link it for you to see as you have to be a member to the group for access. I changed the card from landscape to portrait but still incorporated all of the features to a degree.

The background is done using the ornaments cuttlebug folder on tinfoil and altered with the alcohol inks. The nestabilities were used for layering and the ornament stamp is from a retired SU set. Holiday Happiness is also a retired SU stamp. Looped grosgrain ribbon to look like a hanger and utilized dimensionals for depth on the card. If you look really close there are two eyelets in the background too.

I think I will make a few more of this card for my Christmas cards.

Spent part of today driving around Chester and Mahone Bay. The fall colors are so pretty but there is definitely a chill in the air. Especially with the top down on the car. Good thing the Miata has heated seats and a good heater.

I'm off to the movies tonight. Not sure what we are seeing yet.

Hope to check in with you tomorrow. I have to take pictures of my scrapbook pages. I got FOUR done this week-end. No housework though! Well you can't do everything.

Yvonne

No comments: