Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birds & Branches

Good Morning,

I see even though it is officially spring somebody forgot to tell "Old Man Winter"...I'm hoping this won't stay around too long.

Even though I haven't posted for a few days I have been busy. I have four cards done but I won't show them all to you today. I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was doing some designing for a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator. I must admit the first day I didn't get any stamping done as I was so overwelmed with all the new goodies to play with and didn't know where to start. Since then I've calmed down a little and am actually getting cards made. Not quickly but they are getting done.
Today's card is done using Stampin' Up supplies.

The card base is Chocolate Chip with Pink Pirouette next and the finally layer is Riding Hood Red. The pink strip on the top I used the eyelet border and Riding Hood Red ribbon. I did use the Nestabilities for the oval but Stampin' Up does have a large oval die as well. The bird and branches that are in Chocolate Chip were created using SU's exclusive sizzlits dies (they have a lot of steel dies designed for use in the Big Shot and some of them can be used in the Cuttlebug too.) The flowers are from a new stamp set that will be available in April called "Soft Summer". I finished the flowers off by placing a red brad in the centre and layering them up with dimensionals. The verse is from the stamp set - Curvy Verses.


A little hint of things to come - I'll be using "Fifth Avenue Floral" and one of their new embossing folders so stay tuned.

If you're bored today drop over to The Cutting Garden...I'm there this afternoon.

See you tomorrow.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

This is amazing, Yvonne! I love it! Funny how I hated pink and red together when I was a kid and now I love it together! Great job! :)

Hugs,
Julie