Friday, March 27, 2009

Scene in a Garden

Quick post as I need to get ready for work. Playing at the craft store today.

This is a new set from the Occassions Mini Catalogue. You'll be able to see it online on April 1st. It has seven individual stamps.
I stamped all the images once on the natural cardstock and then stamped the vase, table, bird, and the bottom pot from the stack a second time on another piece of natural cardstock. After they were colored in with watercolor crayons I layered them up with dimensionals for depth. Just like when we used to papertole. lol The flowers coming out of the vase have little dots of white gel pen - wanted it to look like pussywillows. The red cardstock is Riding Hood Red and I used the paper piercer to punch holes in the foldd down corner and placed a cordory brad/button for my embellishment. The "To My Friend" saying is from Fundamental Phrases. The color of the base of the card is So Saffron. For added elements I also tore the edge of the paper and sponged Chocolate Chip ink around the edges. I used a little chalk to shadow under the table, rubber boots and plant pots. Choose the chalk over using the watercolor crayons and aqua painter in case I didn't like how it turned out I could simple erase it and start again.

If you do a close up of the card you might be able to see more depth.

Tomorrow a manly card.

Have a good stamping day.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this set ,Yvonne, and you did a great job!I have been thinking what other stamps I might have to be able to use with this set. Hmm, wondering if I can make my favorite bear to sit on that bench somehow,LOL. THe occassions Mini is NOT gooood,I want most of the whole mini,hahaha.
Have a great day working I mean PLAYING at work, you lucky gal!!Brenda