Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Fix

Hello,

I figured I needed a touch of Spring. I've been working on this card for what seems like days. I started with the pattern paper which is usually a mistake with me. I'm better off picking my stamps and then my paper but I had it in my head that I wanted to use some of my stash. The paper was from a bulk purchase at Costco, the border punch is a Martha Stewart and the stamps are from Stampin' UP!

The flowers I stamped with Lavender Lace which is the same color as the cardstock. Cut the flowers out added some glitter around the centre and then a dew drop for the middle. The leaves are stamped with Handsome Hunter ink on Sage Shadow Cardstock. The flowers are raised up with dimensionals as is the words "happy spring". Added a few rhinestones on the border for a little more bling.

Hope this makes you feel that Spring will come sooner rather than later!

For anybody in the Halifax area that is interested I will be teaching a beginner stamping class at The Cutting Garden. We are taking names now for people interested and then will be picking a date that is suitable for most. Also if there is enough interest we would look at daytime classes as well. A beginner stamping class focuses on different types of inks, stamps, embossing powders and their uses. You will also make three different cards using your new knowledge.

Have a good day and "Think Spring"! (They do say - Mind over Matter)

Yvonne

3 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

Oh, how nice and Springy - cute card, Yvonne! :)

I'm with ya, I hope it brings some Spring weather our way, I'm tired of the snow and freezing rain and then warm days then super cold days - it's crazy!

How's your mingle card coming along...are you having as much difficulty as some of the rest of us in the group? I think having the challenge to use a stamp that you have in your stash but have never used would have been good enough, but to use everything new - paper, embellishments etc. Eep! It's been a challenge alright! lol :) I'm scared Louise isn't gonna know what to think when she gets my card! Anyway, it's been fun. lol :)

Take care, Hugs,
Julie

Kim said...

What a fun card! I agree, nice and springy! At least the sun was shining today!! YEAH! And we change the clocks this weekend, so longer days...spring will come....EVENTUALLY! lol

Have a great day!
Kim

Oma said...

Love this card! Weather forecast for today will be in the low to mid 60's and I for one am so looking forward to it! Come on Spring!