Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Thank Yous! - Gotta Love the Clothesline!

Hi There,

The week-end has finally arrived. I had good intentions of getting this posted yesterday but my life is just soooo busy. lol I like to think it is anyway.
I was out of the house by 7:00 a.m. - Kevin was dropping the car off for a check-up and I was driving him into work. Stopped and had coffee at Second Cup before dropping off the car in Dartmouth. He got to the office around 8:30 and I headed to the Cutting Garden to work. I ended up being at work till 3:30 which was longer than usual but managed to get a couple of layouts created. Friends called and invited us out to Lantz for supper so basically I just had enough time to get home and then get ready to head out again. Our friends from Antigonish were also there so we had a nice evening visiting.

Moving forward - I decided to make two different cards for Thank You notes. The bottom card with the boat on it was the first one and the cute little clothesline the second which turned out to be my favorite and my DD's too.

A little about the card. The image on the card is made from a Stampin' Around wheel. They are a wheel that you put in a handle and the handle also holds an ink cartridge - all you have to do is press down and roll or wheel the image across your paper and it is continuous until you stop. These wheels are also fun to make gift bags, wrapping paper. I colored the images in with my markers, added stickles to the butterfly and the flowers. Adds just a little sparkle. On each card I decided on two pieces of clothing that I would color and cut out a second time to raise up with dimensions for more effect. You can see on the second image how I raised them up.
I knew the card was going to need a little layering so I went to my trusty Cuttlebug and used one of the border folders I just had to have almost a year ago. The button image was just perfect. To finish off the card I heat embossed the thank you with white embossing powder. Oh... and on the back I stamped "Hand Stamped by " Nana. Cute eh?




This card definitely says baby. Again I used Stampin' UP stamps. The boat is from a discontinued boy set called "Toy Box". The pattern paper at the bottom was from a series of papers SU first put out. They were very lightweight. Stampin' Up's paper has improved greatly. But the paper worked well with this card. Kept everything simple and Cuttlebugged the top with Swiss Dots. Add a little ribbon and layering and you'll have yourself a nice card.

On a side note I really do find the Cuttlebug can dress up a plain card...did you know that Sizzix is coming out with embossing folders now too. Word is that they will be releasing a new one monthly.

We are off to PEI this morning. I'll be sure to let you know how the Grandson is doing. I'll need to get lots of cuddletime this week-end as I know I won't see him again until at least mid May as I'm going to Toronto May 7th to see my daughter. That will be fun too. She'll go craft shopping with me and just generally hanging out.

Enjoy the sun this week-end, we will as we are taking the convertible.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Deborah March said...

Aawww, they're delightful Yvonne! Looking forward to new pics of little Xavier!!