Thursday, April 2, 2009

Funny Manly Cards

Good Morning,

I missed getting these posted yesterday. Better late than never!
Well if you're wanting to see all the new stamps sets Stampin' Up has for sale in their new Occasions Mini Catalogue click here.
This stamp set is from the mini and called "And Many Mower". It's a cutsie set.
I did the grey background using a SU texture plate and then cut the paper into four pieces and layered over the dark grey. The mower was stamped on white cardstock and then colored in with the watercolor crayons. It needed something to jazz it up a bit so I cut squares and turned them into diamonds. Sort of like the Shreddie commercial. lol Little brads in the centre and raised up with dimensionals.

This card too is stamped and colored in. I needed something for the background but didn't want to use an embossing folder and I didn't have any pattern paper to match. I know, hard to believe! So I took two different sizes of circles, offset them and glued them on. I made a point of having only some half circles to make it look like the paper came that way. Punched small holes with my crop-a-dile in the small green piece of cardstock and then layered a smaller yellow piece in behind. Most cards I would have slipped a piece of ribbon in there but it is supposed to be a manly card.


I'm working on making a "Diaper Cake". Who knew how costly and how much research would go into one....have you heard of them. Stay tuned and when I get it finished I'll post a pick.

Yvonne

No comments: