Thursday, April 16, 2009

So Sweet!

Hi There,

I am so happy...Xavier is the perfect little baby. I think I forgot how small they really are. I know he won't stay that way for long.

Yesterday morning while I was at work "Grampa" skipped out of work early and raced for the mall. Who says a man can't shop. He picked out the cutest little outfits for the new Grandson. I think it will be my turn to shop today. lol I want to get at least one newborn outfit. Yeah, I know he won't fit in it for long but "Hey, that's what Grammas are for."

We arrived in PEI yesterday just before 6:00. Not much speeding was involved in the trip. It really was so awesome to see the new Mom, Dad & Baby. Many of our family and friends told us how great being Grandparents is...it's one of those things...until you're really there you don't understand what an experience it is and will continue to be.

The first pic is of course our son with Xavier just a few minutes old. He's a natural with his son. Great to see.


Mom is doing well and looks great. Will be at least a couple more days before they let the two of them go home.

Grampa is giving me the prod to wrap it up as we have places to be and a baby to see.

Thanks to all you sent Congratulations to us and the new parents. We've passed your well wishes along.

I can't wait to start scrapbooking this little guy!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Wow
What a beautiful family!
You must be so proud!
Pam
xo

Julie Mutch said...

Xavier is absolutely adorable, you must be so proud! Huge congrats to your son and daughter-in-law. Enjoy all that baby cuddlin'! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Deborah March said...

OmiGOSH Yvonne, it looks like Xavier is SMILING at Dad!! Such PRECIOUS photos. CONGRATS my friend, being a Grammie is the BEST!!

Deborah said...

Wow, and you only had a few more days to go since I saw you on Saturday! (smile)

I love the name, is that a nod to Antigonish where they met?

He is gorgeous, who says guys don't have a soft spot for babies.

I remember when my brothers first boy was born, my parents bought him a peddle car for Xmas, it was a little big for him, probably by a couple of years! (LOL)

Enjoy and can't wait to see the pages,
Deborah