Sunday, April 19, 2009

Xavier's First Scrapbook Page

Hello,

I've been busy since I got home on Thursday. I had four other scrapbook pages to complete before I could start working on this one of Xavier's. I will post those over the next couple of days.

Saturday morning saw me heading to the scrapbook stores to pick up cardstock and some pattern paper. Boy stuff, you know! The Cutting Garden has a great line called "Safari Kids" Beautiful, vibrant colors all with a animal theme. The papers have sparkles and or glossy finishes on them too. Most of them have a more boyish color scheme to them but there were also some pink ones. I left those alone. There are lots of die cuts as well to match the paper...I also left those alone. Wasn't I good. Okay, not that good...I stopped at Michael's and they have Cricut cartridges on sale...$49.99. I bought the "Cars" one. You can also ask for a rain check for the new cartridges that have just been released...Beaches and Lyrical Lettering. We won't go into how I know you can get rain checks for these.

Once I secured my paper I headed home to create. This will be the first page in Xavier's album. I used my cricut for the lettering and the moon. Isn't the hat cute? I had some fuzzy cardstock/paper from years ago that made the perfect hat. The little stars are from a punch and then glittered. The layout sketch was from 52 Sketches 52 Weeks. I changed the direction of everything but used the basic idea. if you've never tried one of these before it is fun and besides that there is a give away every week. All you have to do is upload a scrapbook page using their sketch and then they do a random draw.
Xavier was only about 36 hours old in the picture. We're thinking about heading back to PEI this week-end to get some more cuddle time in.

I'm trying to get some housework done today so I can have more uninterrupted scrapping time tomorrow.

Good Night
Yvonne

4 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

What a sweet scrapbook page to welcome Xavier to the world! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Deborah March said...

Aaawww, so PERFECT!!

http://joyfilledgrace.blogspot.com said...

Dear Yvonne:

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!!!! Babies truly are a blessing from God... Love your photos and your scrapbook page...look forward to lots more!!! I finally have my blog going...hope you have a chance to pop over and check it out!!
Have a great day and thanks for sharing your grandson with us...
Cindy

Connie Fossenier said...

What an adorable Scrapbook page...
So tiny and precious.
connie paxman