Saturday, June 20, 2009

Copics

Happy Saturday,

Went out for my coffee and cinnamon bun this morning. Of course I shared the cinnamon bun with Kevin. Also stopped by Vogue Optical and I think picked out a couple new pairs of glasses. Not as boring as the ones I'm wearing now. I do have to get my eyes re-checked again though before I can order the new glasses. Something fun to look forward to.
Also did a little shoppng on Thursday and Friday. Picked up a set of the deckled edge Nestabilities and some cute brads for scrapbooking and a couple other things but I won't go there (in case DH is reading this, lol).
From todays title you can safely assume that I colored the image in with Copic Markers. Do these ever work cool. I have the Twinkling H2O's and Stampin' Up's watercolor crayons - I really enjoy both mediums however, I do have to use watercolor paper in order to be able to shade without the paper falling apart. The copics give a different look.
I did use a paper that is design for copics but it pretty much looks like regular white paper. You can color over the same part of the image many times and the paper holds its bond.

I added a metal embellishment to the top and toppd it off with a little ribbon. I cuttlebugged the background as well. Be prepared to see a few more projects colored in with the copics. I already have a couple house mouse images done and a flower with butterflies.

Do you like the new Nestabilities too?

I have supper in the crock pot, dh is outside for now, so I think I'll head to th craft room and play.

Maybe I can make DH a card for Father's Day using those Copics... do you think I could tell him I needed them to make him a card?????

Yvonne

No comments: