Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer In Nova Scotia

Good Morning,

Summer is officially here in Nova Scotia so I thought I should make a card celebrating "Summer". lol Do you think I'm a little cranky about the weather forecast for the next few days?

On the up side, cause there is always an up side, I had the opportunity to make lots of cards yesterday. I believe I have six done.

Lots of layers to this card. The image was colored with copics and layered onto the blue and red Stampin' Up cardstock. That image is raised up with dimensionals. The green cardstock was cuttlebugged with the bubbles embossing folder. Made me think of rain drops. That was then layered onto red and then the blue. A nice blue ribbon to tie things together. Ha Ha Pun intended. Then to brighten the otherwise drab colors I used a bright yellow for the word. I used Stampin' Up's oval punches that layer to each other. You will notice I punched them off centre to give a different shape. Don't be afraid to step out of the box.

If you click on the photo you can see I did a little shading with the copics. Did I mention in my last post that I think I like them.

What are you doing today? Growing up do you remember what Monday's meant? Mondays were always a wash day. Now we do laundry whenever we need it.

Have a great Monday, throw in that load of laundry and then multi-task by goin to the craft room.

Yvonne

2 comments:

sherry keith said...

Hey Yvonne,
love the card. lots of detail and color....could you do one with a sun in it? maybe it will bring us some good weather...lol
Take care
Sherry K

Cheryl said...

Yvonne the colors are wonderful and great design.