Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fifth Avenue Floral

Good Morning,

I had told you I was going to post something yesterday afternoon and I had good intentions, however I ended up with a terrible headache. Bad enough I napped in the afternoon and pretty much stayed on the bed all evening. You know I wasn't feeling well when I didn't even go into the craft room. But I'm feeling much better this morning.

Todays cards are from Stampin' Up. The set is called "Fifth Avenue Floral" and co-ordinates with the Manhatten flower embossing folder. Included in this set is a rose, another flower I can't identify, a stem and a sentiment.

The flowers were colored using copic markers. I used Nestabilities to cut my circles and the ticket corner punch to notch the corner on the sentiments. The stamens on the flowers were glittered and I used black sparkle embossing powder on the sentiment to connect the two. Pattern paper was from Costco.


The second card I again used my Nesties but I taped two of them together so I could cut them out at the same time. I was able to get a thin circle to glue to the outside to the card and at the same time cut out the centre. By using the tape it prevents the metal dies from moving around and slipping out of place. For some machines you can purchase a magnet plate to hold everything in place but I find tape works well. The paper I used is new from Stampin' Up. It's paper of the In Colors for the year. I quite like the orange which is called Dusty Durrango and the other is Soft Suede. To make the pattern background I stamped the lily in the soft suede all over the Dusty Durrango. I used a border folder and cuttlebugged the strip across the bottom and then sponged Soft Suede ink all around the edges. It softened the color of the orange. On this card I used Glitter Ritz on the stamens. It's not as chunky as the glitter on the first card. Gold embossed the sentiments and added a little gold cording for some extra interest. The lily itself is raised up using dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you tomorrow.

Yvonne

No comments: