Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anniversary Card

Good Morning,

Finally took pictures of a couple more projects to share with you.

The days seem to be flying by. Saturday we spent a little time downtown on the Halifax waterfront watching the Buskers. Sunday we decided to take a quick trip to PEI. Yes, it was to get in some Xavier time. We seem to manage to each get a turn feeding the little guy. lol
Monday was housecleaning, and boy did it need it. Followed that up with Tuesday and my DH spent the day with me as we were celebrating our 30 anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. Went out for a lovely supper as well.

So that bring me to today's card that I made for my DH. You can see I used the Swiss Dots folder for part of the background. The oval Nestabilities for my image and I did pop the ovals up from the background. My image was colored in with Copics. A side note on coloring in with Copics - a local store (not The Cutting Garden) had recommended a certain brand of cardstock to use with the copic markers. I was using the correct ink however I had to be so careful so the ink wouldn't bleed out past the stamped image. I would get very frustrated some days when my image would get ruined towards the end of the coloring process. This card I used SU's Whisper White cardstock and had no problems with ink bleeding. I need to try more samples but I think I'll have like results. I did use a gold pen to outline the navy, white, and red cardstock. Added three little heart brads. Can't remember where I got those but have used them on quite a few things.

Well tomorrow will be a scrapbook page.

Yvonne

No comments: