Thursday, October 8, 2009

Glitter Ritz & 4 x 4 Side Step Card

Hello There,
Quick update for all those interested in the going ons in my life...otherwise just scroll down a bit for info about the card.
I left Nova Scotia on October 15th with mixed emotions. I met a lot of great people, many who became good friends and one day hope to return to the Maritimes (at least for the summers, lol). I have arrived at my destination Houston, TX (side note - the weather cooled off the day I arrived - the locals think it's wonderful, 22-25C - I was looking for hot but it is still nice).
We will be getting the keys to our house on Friday (we've been over every day looking)and the movers will deliver our furniture on Monday. By Wednesday I should be unpacked and in my craft room. Can't wait!

One other thing before I get to the card - My DD, Kristen has submitted a drawing to be used on a T-shirt contest. Winners are chosen by number of votes. If you're interested in helping her out click on the link DesignsByHumans and vote. You do have to register to be able to vote however they don't send you a bunch of e-mails, just click the box that you don't want any updates etc.


Thanks for your patience in my long winded chat.

Today's post. I actually did this card a few days before I left. The stamp set is from Stampin' Up and is in their Winter Mini Catty. I can't remember the name of it. Cute though. I love to cut out all the little characters. The hats are all separate stamps so you can mix and match.
Do you notice all the glitter on the snow. I used the new glitter called "Glitter Ritz". It is so fine and smooth. Actually smooth enough you can stamp overtop of the glitter and it will still give a clear stamped image. You see the iceberg. I covered a piece of cardstock with double sided tape and then stamped the iceberg and cut it out. Worked like a charm.
I did have a lot of trouble though stamping the red image with north pole. My red ink pad must have been too juicy. Normally dye based ink the image dries immediately. Not this time. I must have smeared about four images. I even left one over night and the next morning I ran my thumb over the image and it smeared. lol I finally used my red marker and colored on the stamp and it worked great. Where there is a will...there is a way!


I posted a side step card a couple weeks back but it was a 6 x 6 size. I prefer the 4 x 4 finished size and I also used cardstock for the base this time instead of pattern paper. It stands much nicer.

If you are still reading, thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to getting back to some serious crafting within a couple of weeks.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome card... and nice to hear that you made it to Texas safe I was wondering how you were doing!!! I always enjoy your posts and look forward to reading another one soon