Thursday, October 8, 2009

Purple Bear & New Border Punch Uses

This is my last pre-loaded card I have on my computer but I may have a couple other things I'll be able to share in the next couple of days.

This is the same SU set I used a few days ago for the side step card. This time I made it a monochromatic card. Makes it easy to do it in whatever color you want. I used Vintage Purple which was an "In Color" with Stampin' Up a couple of years ago. The background I cuttlebugged with the snowflakes folder then I ran it through my sticker maker and then put gliter ritz all over the background. In a lot of places only the raised up areas grabbed the adhesive which was kinda cool.

I did get to the Make & Take at the scrapbook store on Wednesday. They had punched out a big flower, probably 2 1/2" in diameter with five petals. They then used a border punch and only punched the ends of each petal. We punched another flower just slightly smaller and then inked up the tips on both flowers. Then we made a brad to put in the centre using the new Imaginice Brad Maker. I bought one from The Cutting Garden just before I left and only had time to play and make one brad but it did work nicely. Looking forward to trying it out some more.

Please bear with me as I was unable to edit the photos on the laptop. Actually just not sure how to do it on this one.

Stop now if you don't want to read about my personal ramblings....

Now I'll give you an update on the rest of my driving days. After the trip to the scrapbook store I came back to the apartment for a mental rest. Watched a little TV then headed out to pick up some groceries for supper. There should be a grocery store every three blocks but I couldn't seem to find one. The area is really nice cause they hide all business behind trees to keep things pretty. Great, except when you need to see these buildings to know where to turn. I thought I knew where the grocery store was as we had gone there before. At the end of the day I ended up at a Super Walmart and picked up what I needed. Oh, did I mention that it took me two hours to get $20.00 worth of groceries and ....I could have probably walked there in 15 minutes.
About the same story for yesterday trying to find the post office. I even had the GPS with me but I kept driving in circle...I knew I was close but couldn't find it. It's like a maze.
What to do today. Another Make & Take at the scrapbook store. No problem, I know how to get there. They are doing it on the Bazzill stitching templates. Hey, I've got one of those but never used it. Maybe I'll pick up some tips. Other than that, WE GET OUR HOUSE TODAY! Yippee!
Well that's a wrap for today. have a good week-end.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Corinne said...

have a good move into the new house. I like that you can find the scrapbook store but the grocery store is still hidden. That means Kevin should take you out for supper instead :)

Julie Mutch said...

This is such a cute card, Yvonne! :)

Glad to hear you're getting your house today, it'll be nice to get settled in. Good luck with the navigating, I'm sure it'll be no time and you'll be a pro at it! Keep the updates comin', we miss you! :)

Take care,
Julie