Friday, November 6, 2009

A "Beary" Christmas

It's TGIF. What could be better than that?

So finished my version of the "Easel Card" aka Halloween card posted a couple of days ago.

I used Stampin' Up cardstock and pattern paper. The bear stamp is from Stamp City. It was colored in with Copics. Using your watercolor crayons you could create a similiar effect. Just remember to stamp it on watercolor paper if you are going to be using a lot of water with your crayons. That's the beauty of copics is that you can go over and over the same area with the markes without effecting the quality of the paper. I did use the ornaments cuttlebug folder on the celery background. The bear has pop dots under him and the "Holiday Hello" in the corner - the centre has a Making Memories clear bubble over the words. If you have crystal effects you could create a similiar look.

Side view isn't a great shot but you get the idea.

Just a short chit chat today. Went yesterday to the Motor Vehicles to exchange my Nova Scotia license (sniff) for my Texan license. I just want you to know the government agency here is just as friendly as all those motor vehicle offices in Canada. lol You all know what I mean. Would it hurt them to smile, just once?

I probably won't post again until Monday but I do have it already done and it is another interesting fold. Most of the cards for the next month will all be of the Christmas variety.

Not sure what my plans for the week-end are but I'll let you know on Monday. Have an enjoyable week-end.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a Beary nice card LOL

Great job as usual

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is soooo cute!! I tried to check out Stamp City but I only got a site with self inked address stamps I think it is...that bear would look REALLY cute in my collection to use for Christmas cards,,,,,did you get it in Canada? can you email me a link.pleeze?.if not a pain,it is a must have, soooo sweeeeet! Brenda