Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Embossing on Pattern Paper

Good Morning,

The sun is shining and it looks like a nice day. Yesterday was overcast and dull.

Didn't get around to post yesterday as my desktop computer is having issues. After I start it I get a black screen with a white cursor. It goes all through the process but windows doesn't want to load. I've got an e-mail into Geeks on Wheels but nobody has returned my call so I think I maybe moving onto somebody new. I did figure out how to upload using my laptop without uploading all the pics I have on my camera card.

I made this card yesterday. Dug out a very old retired Stampin' Up set. I always did like this set though. There's another image of a little child with a snowman too. I colored the image first with Copics and then I had to start looking for paper that would match. The bright blue is a retired color from SU and the red pattern paper I've had for years. I was trying to figure out what to do with the background and then decided I would try embossing on the pattern paper. After the image was embossed I sanded it off so it would stand out a little more. Everything still looked a little flat so I cut the pattern paper in two and slipped a piece of the blue inbetween to make it look like more layers and it breaks up the front of the card. The card is a 5 1/2" square. Merry is from a differnt stamp set and the cocoa cup is also from the snowman set. Nestabilites used to cut out the circle and layer up the image. Notice his little hat and marshmellows - I used Puffy Fabric paint I got from Michaels. I used to use liquid applique but it can be hard to find. The puffy fabric paint comes in a huge bottle and you just squeeze it out. I let it drive for 10 - 15 minutes and then use my heat tool to puff it up. Looks so cute!



Yesterday I signed up to take a card class on Thursday morning at the local scrapbook store. I will share them with you once I've completed them. Also found a hair salon yesterday. Nothing exciting done. Just colored and a bang trim. My driving around was fairly uneventful yesterday. Missed a couple of turnoffs but won't make the same mistake twice. You learn through your mistakes! Remember that when you are crafting, there are no mistakes just learning experiences. I've had a lot of learning experiences in my crafting life. lol

One more bit of exciting news. My Grandbaby is crawling. Only 6 1/2 months. I know, I'm so proud! lol

Have a Great Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow.

Yvonne

No comments: