Thursday, November 19, 2009

Snow Globe Christmas

Good Afternoon,

A little late in posting this morning. Had to wait for the camera battery to re-charge.

I've included four different cards today all using the same stamps and basic idea, but each one just modified a little.

To make the snowglobe it is very simple. I used the largest circle from the nestabilities to create the globe. For the light blue paper I started with approximately a piece of paper 4 1/4 x 8 1/2. You then want to fold this is half. Place your nestability on your folded cardstock with the nestability slightly extended past the fold. Cut one more circle from co-ordinating cardstock for the base. Now cut this circle in half to make the base for the card.


This card it is hard to see but I also cut a piece of transparency the same size as the globe and stamped it with white stazon snowflakes. All images are glued under the transparency with the exception of the "North Pole" sign. Considering the extra work involved using the transparency I probably won't make anymore this way. The WOW factor isn't there. I would use the transparency if I was going to turn it into a shaker card. (There's another project for me!)

This sample I inked the edges of the globe to give it some depth. Also the background is cuttlebugged using the snowflake folder. Dazzling Diamonds on the ice flow (same technique on all four cards).

Blue snowflakes stamped in the background. Oval punches used for the wording and dimensionals for depth.

Similiar to card above but sponged color on edges and used marker to color in words and hat to get the two-tone effect.

That's all for today. Let me know which card you like best.

Yvonne

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So very cute!!!!

Unknown said...

very nice Yvonne and I like the first and second one the best of them all,,, but still very good work...

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute Yvonne, I am glad now, Amy has this set.Great Job!!

Cindy Groh said...

Love the snowglobes. You really are talented:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/