Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cute Critters with Flower Soft

Good Day!

Today I'm sharing Flower Soft used on animals. They are so cute.

These images are preprinted,they are like a card front. Flower Soft sells them and have different designs as well as some of them are 3-D, like when we used to do paper-tole. Over the next couple of days I'll post one of those too.

The first three pictures are of the card I made yesterday and the last image is the card I did at the class I took. I'll give you a couple of tips that I've learned since I started playing with this stuff.

For any of the small areas, such as the flowers and grass I used a paper clip to apply the glue. A tooth pick would work good too, I just happen to have a paper clip handy and it doubles to poke down the nozzle on the glue when you can't get the glue to flow. Also notice on the first critter you can still see some of the printed image of the hair. The last image I had placed flower soft right up to the edge of the fur and that lost some of the depth on the character. So you want to leave some of the lines showing.

The heart and the sentiment under the bow are done with stickers. I told you...I'm working on using stuff in my stash. The word "Love" wasn't colored in but I used my copics and just wrote over top. I tried it first with a Stampin' Up marker and of course it didn't dry on a non-porous surface. Two hours later I wiped it off with a tissue and then colored in with my copic and it was dry within seconds. Just thought I would share that little tidbit.

Working on my flower bouquet today. Will probably post that on Monday.

Toodles

Yvonne

2 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is so cute . Think I'll have to get me some of that flower soft .
Marilyn

Sam said...

Soooo cute Yvonne,so is this the ultra fine or regular brown used on this? I think I must play today,lol BC in NS