Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Me In The Pool!

Good Morning,



Today's post was inspired from a Christmas present I received in the mail last week. It was from my Goddaughter and her Mom. It was a little later than usual due to the nature of the present. It is very hard to find pool related items in stores in northern Alberta in the winter. Not a lot of call for pool toys.

Okay, so it's not really "Me" in the pool but that's what I'd look like. lol I received an inner tube, beach ball, a little fan/water spritzer and book to read by the pool. lol There were some other cool things too not pool related. Thanks Guys!

So my pool is filling with water as I type but you will not see real pictures of me in it.

This stamp is from Stampabilities, called Bunny Cruise. When I saw it I knew I needed it. Might use it for Easter too. I used a few different products on this card. Paper is Stampin' Up. The pattern paper was from a Valentine's line three years ago. The image was colored with Copics.

Lots of layers on this card as I created panels with the pattern paper and matted those onto cardstock. The inspiration for the card sketch came from a scrapbook page.
If you look closely at the fishes you can see their fins are covered in glitter. Dazzling Diamonds to be exact. Now look at the lips on the fish, (do fish have lips?), the lemonade (is it really lemonade?) in the glass, the duck bill and the blue in the water. All those area have the glaze pen overtop of the colored marker. If you're not familiar with the glaze pens they are marketed by Sakura. They are a 3-D ink and come in a variety of colors. When used they leave a glossy, slightly raised image. So the clear glaze pen I used leaves a bit of a shine. If you are familiar with Crystal Effects it is like tht but doesn't raise up nearly as high. It's in the form of a pen so you can get into small area.
That's all I've got for today.  For my friends in Nova Scotia rumor has it you're not thinking pools but snowblowers at the moment. My suggestion is wait till the snow melts, craft in the mean time and if you need groceries get them delivered!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

Yup, I'm a little jealous! We got about 30 cm last night...Jim's just heading out to shovel for the 2nd time. Oh, by the way, he says to enjoy your pool! Nope, no sarcasm there! lol :)

Super cute card and great sketch. Take care!

Hugs,
Julie