Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get Sketchy Challenge #27

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a good week-end. I did. I'll elaborate a little further at the end of the post.

I created this project from a sketch at "GetSketchy" .I rotated the sketch to fit the image I just happened to have colored a couple weeks ago. Copics were used for the coloring. papers are from Stampin' Up. I also punched hearts. The bottom layer is the Not Quite Navy Cardstock and the top layer is co-ordinating pattern paper for the background. On two of the hearts you can see I sanded the edges. Glued the hearts together and then using a double hole punch neatly made two holes to put the linen thread through.

The sentiment is stamped on white cardstock and faux stitched with Not Quite Navy marker. A couple little buttons are added for balance.  To give the project a little more of a closed in look I put photo corners on the top edges only of the stamped image.

Saturday evening we finally got to try out the spa and fire pit. I did really like it.  Sunday we drove down to Galveston. It's about 1 1/2 hours from our house. Walked along the beach...a lot of beach...that's what you get when you are on the Golf of Mexico. lol Interesting to see most of the homes on stilts. also usually the garage is on ground level and the house is above that, I'm guessing 10 - 15 feet higher. You could see there were a lot of homes abandoned or in the process of being renovated due to the hurricanes. Will definitely go back again as the weather warms.

That's all I've got for today. Still working on a scrapbook page or two.  Maybe tomorrow.

Yvonne

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

great job on the sketch!!! thanks for playing!

Dora said...

This card is precious, so beautiful!