Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sketch #3 - Winner for Sketch #2

Good Morning,

First things first. Congradutions Marlene K who is the winner of last months card sketch. She sent me a copy of her card and I will post it later today. Also Marlene please send me your mailing address so I can get your prize in the mail to you. Thank you to all who played along and remember if you don't have a blog to link your creation to just e-mail me a scan of the card at ybalmer@hotmail.com

I'm a couple of days behind getting up a new challenge/sketch so here it is...You don't have to follow the layout of the card but your card has to havea window of some sort.
The flower was stamped three times in versamark and then embossed. First time was on blue cardstock and embossed white. The next two images were also embossed on blue cardstock but pink powder on one and white on the other. Both of these images were cut out to make a layered flower. The big brad in the middle was done using the i-top brad maker from imaginisce. Below is a close up for you.
Here's a step by step for making this window. I start with a piece of cardstock cut to the size I want the finished opening to be. On my pattern paper I trace around that square. I used a pencil here - most time I just use my stylus so it creates a score line at the same time and I don't have to worry about any pencil marks.
Take your ruler and exacto knife and make two diangonal cuts from corner to corner.
Lastly fold back on the score lines. You can fold them back just once or do a double. Add any sort of embelishment you might want. Eyelets, brads, buttons, or just glue the flaps down.

The card also fits the theme of "GetSketchy" blog challenge. This week it was any "Spring" themed card.


Now it's your turn to play along.  You have all month to get your project together and post it. At the end of the month I'll do a random draw from entries and the winner will get some goodies from me.

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

Your card is gorgeous, Yvonne!
I had fun playing along with the window challenge and I actually got it done in time! :)