Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Goodies!

Good Morning All,

Hope if you're travelling this Easter week-end you're at your destination.

Sharing some Easter projects with you this morning. (I'm pretty sure you will have a little chuckle along the way!

"The Card"

I've had this card on the go for about three weeks...I know, do you ever have just one of those projects that won't come together? This was mine. I colored the image with copics and I was okay with that. Then I picked out the pattern paper, (some I got for Christmas) thought they were nice spring colors. Ooops, that means I need to darken up those flowers. Okay, did that. Then I had a brain wave to follow a challenge sketch, then it got bad. I tried and tried and nothing worked. By this point I had already cut the image out with my nestabilities, so I'm now committed to that shape. I won't drag you through anymore of the fine details of moving, looking, positioning, and sighing. A couple of days ago I decided the card had to be finished. So I decided to do the best I could and knew the recipient would appreciate it anyway. So I glued everything on, stepped back had a look, decided it was okay and then went to open it. Yeah...you guessed it. I glued everything on so the card opens from the left not the right. lol I thought about cutting the back off and re-mounting it. Nope...you sometimes just need to know when to stop and cut your losses. lol Just so you know all my projects do not turn out!

The little Easter bags are pretty cute and filled with treats. The inspiration for this project came from Splitcoaststampers. Click the link for directions, however, I changed the sizes for the ones shown below.
My paper size is 7 1/2" x 9". Scored at 1 1/2", 4", 5 1/2" & 8". Score the other direction at 1 1/2" & 5".
After I had cut and scored the project I used Swiss Dots and embossed the paper. The images on the front are from the Easter 2010 Cricut cartridge. I also used my SU border punch on the flap and the green edges on the flap and circle were inked.
I have some exciting news to share within the next day or two so keep checking back. In the meantime Have A Happy Easter!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I roared laughing about your card opening from the opposite side. Sure glad I'm not the only one who boo, boos. It turned out great just the same. Have a super Easter. We are having awsome weather here today. Marlene