Monday, May 3, 2010

Take Me Away!

Good Morning...

WOW...what a week-end. Sunday was the launch of Deborah's online store FargoCatShops. There are great prizes and give-a-ways. If you haven't entered yet please check out the May 2 posts on both my blog and her's for all the details. Thanks to all who have left comments - they are appreciated! :)

Moving right along to today's card. I love it! Let's start with the background. The green bazzill cardstock is actually embossed with leaves. Yes, that's the way it comes. I haven't tried sanding it yet but I will....and I'll share my finding with you.

The House Mouse stamp is called "Butterfly Express". The words "Take me Away!" are a rub-on. You make them yourself on your computer. They are done with a product called "Rub-onz". I have used them before and have found they work great. It's as simple as typing on your word program, printing it on your printer and them rubbing the words onto your cardstock. You can also do images...anything that you can print!

Around the edges of the white cardstock I added some Tim Holtz distress inks. The colors used were Peeled Paint and Stormy Sky. (Next Monday I'll be sharing some of the things I've learned with the distress inks. In the meantime I used copic markers to color in the images. (RV10, Y02, Y11, C3, C5, E21, E31, E33 & colorless blender) Of course I couldn't resist some glitter on the butterfly. You'll notice I also used another leafy stamp on the bottom edge just to give the illusion that the little mouse was up in the air!
Nestabilities were used for the scallop edge and pop-ups were added for dimension.

Do you see the decorative borders? They are called Bazzill - Half the edge cardstock strips. They are 6" long. There are 20 pieces in a package and 10 different designs. So perfect for cards or you can put two together for a 12 x 12 scrapbook page. I used two on this card and placed a black strip of cardstock behind them. 



Most of the items can be found at Fargocat Shops. Hope to see you next Monday for another share!
If you don't want to wait till next Monday, drop by tomorrow and check out my project for Sketches (by Tamara).  Also Thursday I just may have another card done with this stamp and I'll show you how I color my mouse with the Copics!

In the meantime keep an eye on Deborah's blog as she will be receiving more stock around Wednesday and will be offering some classes.

Off to do some housework. Apparently the housework fairies are on strike or they don't know I would really like their help!

Yvonne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

marlene said: what sweet mouse cards. Can't go wrong working with these little guys eh? Glad you are including colors and techniques. Helps alot when trying to do this type of card. Nice going.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! I love this stamp!


Rachael

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

loving the Bazzill edges - and of course your stamping! Nancy LeB

Anonymous said...

Very nice Yvonne, I love the bazzill edges....

Sherry K