Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August Card Sketch

Good Morning,

I told you I would be back today!

What did I do yesterday...I went to the dentist...apparently one tooth I had a root canal on doesn't have a crown? I thought I had crowns put on all teeth that had root canals. Need to check on that. Other than that a good check-up.

Got most of the housework done...just a little more vacuuming!

I didn't get any crafting done though...maybe today.

The sketch below is from Sketches{by tamara}. Be sure to check out the link to see the rest of the design teams take on the sketch.

The flower stamp was a set I had received free at CHA and I can't remember who made it. It was stamped on white paper and colored in with my copics. The flourishes in the background were embossed with black Embossing Powder (detail). Do you like how I got the saying to go around the corner. Used my printer and the Graftix Rub-ons. I think FargoCat Shops still has a package left for sale. It works so slick. Sometimes I get tired of using the same stamps for the sentiment. Cardstock is from Stampin' Up and the pattern paper is some I had on hand.

Remember anytime your dealing with flowers and want a little extra dimension be sure to gently curl the edges before adhering to your card.
That's a wrap for today. I'll see you Thursday.
Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: Super neat. Love the technique on the verse. I must get busy and try my hand at this method. Glad you arrived home safely. Was so nice to see you.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card . Like how you did the sentiment . You do such a great job with your coloring .
Marilyn

sherry said...

Kool card I to like the sentament and I like how you curled the flowers....