Saturday, October 2, 2010

Christmas Bells

Hi There...it's Saturday, just in case you didn't know. I don't usually post on Saturday but yesterday I created a card for Mojo Monday's Challenge and the challenge link closes on Sunday. This card also qualifies for the challenge over at Creations with Christina.

I'm getting there on my Christmas cards but still have quite a few to go. How are you doing? I won't tell you how many days until Christmas but it's coming a lot faster now that October is here.

Here's the sketch to follow:
Went with a different color combinations again. Basic Grey's line - Jovial had some little blue flowers in it so that was my inspiration for the color blue. The large blue square was cut using Spellbinders Lacey Square. The border on the left was edged with a Stampin' Up border punch. These punches are like Martha Stewart or EK Success punches. Great for lining up to make borders. Martha Stewart also has sets so you can do corners and borders.
The image stamp is from Just Rite Stamps.

The bling was from my stash. I needed something square to follow the rules of the challenge but rotated them for a different look.
My label at the bottom of the card was cut from my Cricut. How many of you crafters out there have some form of cutting tool? Are you using them? If you do have a Cricut or such you can make great borders/frames/labels with them. I used Home Accents. I also have a gypsy that links to the Cricut and used the hide contour feature. What's that you ask?...I cut the image twice. Once as it was where it cuts out the blue border and once where I hid the inner line so it wouldn't cut that and just cut out the entire image in white. Make sense??? You can also use this feature if you have Design Studio on your computer.

The image was colored with my Copics. I don't have a listing of all the markers I used but I can't remind you enough to layer different colors of markers to get the color you want. I usually find this out just by trial and error. You see that green color around the edge that looks like a postage stamp. That wasn't originally green...I had colored it blue like the bow and didn't like it so I then took my yellow marker and colored overtop and it matched the yellow-green on the Holly leaves perfectly. Now if I was really smart I would write these color combos down when I find them and have them for ready reference...if I was really smart....

I think I have something special for my share on Monday...gotta keep you wanting more....

Yvonne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: this card is different eh? sure looks nice on the computer.

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card! I'm a Cricut user (and lover) too! Anyhow, I just love your card and also want to wish you a Happy World Card Making Day from Papercraft Star! We'd love to have you enter some of your talented projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and there is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful card. Lots of detail. I love your use of traditional Christmas colors with the not so traditional. Very pretty.
Marcie

girlia said...

Love the details on this card. Love the color combination

Joy Tracey said...

Yvonne - aka mad Copic skillz woman - YOU ROCK! I am loving this card!! WOW!! I never noticed that label on HA and I will now be making a note of it. Why, it's perfect for sentiments! Thank you for posting this on Obsessed with Scrapbooking! Hugs, Joy