Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter- Not Everyone Likes It!

Good Morning,

I've had a busy few days crafting. DH left on the week-end on a business trip so that left me home alone with my paper, stamps, cricut & gypsy. What more could a gal ask for? :)

I'll be sharing stuff all week...right up until I leave for CHA on Thursday. I'll be meeting up with Deborah from FargoCat Shops. Scheduled to take some great classes and looking forward in seeing some of the new releases.

As you know I'm working on my calendar for 2012. I posted the February pages earlier this month but just got January completed.

The journalling you probably can't read but Xavier is the one not impressed with the snow. Daddy even built him a snowman but he was having no part of playing in the snow. Mommy's arms were just fine.

Pattern paper from Basic Grey - Blizzard. This was a line from a couple of years ago.

The photos printed in black & white then edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo. The shadow on the snowflake and the word winter also edged in vintage photo.

Snowflakes and basically anything in that blue color was cut out of white vellum. Sponged Distress Ink- Tumbled Glass over all vellum to make it blue then lightly sponged white pigment ink over top to add texture and that snowy look.



All snowflakes were sponged with Tumbled Glass.


The above image cut from Gypsy Wandering. All snoman parts cut from Glitter cardstock.
All remaining cuts are from Designer Calendar with the exception of "Brrrr" which was cut from Alphalicious cartridge.

The vellum snowflakes have a blue cardstock layer cut exactly the same size beneath them.
All vellum pieces were ran through a Xyron so no glue would show.

I'm entering this into the "neglected cartridge" Challenge. I had Designer Calendar a year before I made anything!

That's all for today. I'll see you tomorrow!

Yvonne

9 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful layout as usual .love all the snowflakes

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LO! It is beautiful! Thanks for linking with us over at Collector's Cut!

Minta's Creations said...

Beautiful layout! What is tumble glass?
Just became a follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Jean said...

Great layout! This is a cart that I tend to overlook as well. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Kate said...

What a great calendar page! I love the colour combination that you've chosen.
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages Yvonne, I too am a fan of snowflakes. Love the color combo too!!
Sherry

SpantastiKreations said...

How beautiful. I love the papers.

Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week.

Erin
http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Beautiful!! Love the colors! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Leinad said...

I love your layout and your color scheme. I also love all the different cuts you included. So glad you shared with us at FCCB!