Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cardabilities - Design Team Announcement

Hello There...

I have some very exciting news to share with you. Cardabilities has just released their new Design Team members and I'm on it! My term doesn't officially start until April. I love working from a sketch! Supplies and theme are our discretion so it gives me lots of room for creativity!

Twice a month a new sketch is released. This is the current sketch. Once you complete the sketch you can upload your card to Mr Linky and have an opportunity for some great prizes.

I played along with this sketch and here's my take on it. My little nephew has just celebrated a birthday and I needed to get a card made. I used "Boys Will Be Boys" cartridge for the rocket ship - cut at 2 inches.
I computer generated "Blast Off" and the inside sentiment.
Distressed the edges with ink and stitched around the edges for more definition.
This is the first time I've used my cricut for the entire card. I generally use my stamps for cardmaking and the cricut for scrapbooking.
Now I better get the card in the mail. His birthday has already pasted! :(

As always thanks for stopping by...and to those who have recently subscribed to my posts or as a follower...WELCOME.


Yvonne

8 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Congratulations Yvonne ,haven't heard of this site must check it out . Awesome card too .
Marilyn

marlene said...

Another great opportunity for you to show off your many talents in this craft. Congrads.!!!!!

Jan Garber said...

This is too funny! I just found out Sunday that I made the team,(Congrats to you!)and sat down last night and made my grandson's card! Today I went through all the new DT's blogs and when I saw your card, I had to LOL! We had the same idea this time around! This should be a great, fun time!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know you are awesome, now everyone else is catching on!!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Great news Yvonne, they are very lucky to have someone with your talent join their team!! Love the card too!!
Sherry

patti west said...

hi Yvonne! Congrats on the cardabilities spot!! I'll be there with you. I'm a new follower too. :)

patti west said...

p.s. love your little boy b'day card!! so cute!

Janetcraft said...

Thanks for dropping by at my blog and I am glad. Yuor card is a 'blast' one...love the paper as background...