Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello Spring

Morning...Doesn't this card just make you feel that spring is here.

Cardstock is from Co-ordinations. The green was embossed and then sanded.

Do you like the pattern paper. I printed it with the Elise cartridge on textured white cardstock.
My favorite is the flower. I got them from FargoCat Shops and they are gorgeous. Lots of different colors and sizes. Circles cut with nestabilities.

Butterfly stamped and cut out by hand, tiny pearls added to the body. Hello cut from Lyrical Letters.
Ribbon also from FargoCat Shops. Do you like that bunched up look? You can watch a tutorial over at Amazing Grace blog on how to do it. Basically it's just a running stitch with just a little different twist.
Can't forget my dew drops - they always help to fill any void space.

Off to take a Copic Coloring class today. It's not a certification but thought I would check it out. My coloring has been self-taught so I'm sure there will be something I can learn from it.

Hope spring is coming to you soon if it already hasn't. Here for me it is about the temperature that I wished it was year round. We're now averaging daytime about 82 F. From here on out that figure will just keep rising. Good thing I like the heat.

Yvonne

3 comments:

marlene said...

this card is good enough to eat, the colors are so delicate. Lovely1

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card those flowers are so pretty . Like how you gathered the ribbon adds a nice touch to the card.
Marilyn

sherry said...

Love your card Yvonne, the colors are beautiful, cool trick with the ribbon, adds a nice touch..