Monday, March 7, 2011

Purple Tulip & Glimmer Mist

Good Morning...

Oh...it is going to be such a great week! I'm so excited....I have lots of things to share with you so be sure to pop in all week long.

I did go and do my first spinning class this morning. It was amazing. Worked really hard but padded bike shorts might be nice.  I won't bother to give you any more descriptions than that. lol

For those of you wondering if we made it to Galveston for Mardi Gras...nope...weather was wet and cold on Saturday and Sunday we bought some new plants for the front yard. It's going to look so perty!

I'm still working with the tulips from Heartfelt Creations. I'm wanting to show you all the different stamps that come in the set.

A couple techniques on this card.

The frame is from Lacy Labels Cricut Cartridge - cut at 4.50 inches. There are actually three layers there. The purple layer (and you can't see if on the photo) was altered with Pop Rocks Glimmer Mist. I had purple cardstock but it wasn't quite the right shade but I spritzed it with Glimmer Mist and it not only changed the color just enough but glammed it up too! Remember to try and alter your paper if you need to get it to match a little better. You could use Smooch or chalks, inks....lots of options.





Copics Used:
BV02 - Prune
BV13 - Hydrangea Blue
BV17 - Deep Reddish  Blue
RV10 - Pale Pink
G21 - Lime Green
G85 - Verdigris

Tulip covered with Diamond Stickles.
Leaves covered with Rock Candy Stickles.

Frame and tulip layered with pop dots.
 Pearls added.

Most items can be found at FargoCat Shops.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Yvonne

1 comment:

marlene said...

Marlene said: I love the colors in the flower. So different. I put an order in with Deborah for the new tulips from Heartfelt thanks to you. Your card ideas help me as well as her. Ha! I haven't tried the Rock Candy Stickles yet but for sure it'll be on my list as well.