Monday, September 5, 2011

Table For Two

Hello There,

Hope you are all enjoying a long week-end! I'm starting this week off with a Home Decor project. I've had a table on my deck that I've been wanting to do something with and once I got started it was so much fun.

I created vinyl placements, coasters and then decorated a vase/candle holder.
Only cartridges used were Wall Decor and Imagine Blossom. All printing was done on Cricut Printable Vinyl.

I printed full sheets of vinyl in green and the pattern. When you are adhering the vinyl to the table be sure to remove the backing in small sections. This makes it easier to apply wrinkle free to your surface. You can also use a transfer tape but I rarely do that.
Used my gypsy on just the expression side so I could manipulate the image as large as possible. That was why I had to print on the vinyl first and then cut using the expression side.
If you look closely at the above photo you can see a flourish that is cut out of the design rather than it be a waste used it for decoration on the table.
Once I finished the place mat settings I thought it could use coasters. I did have coasters that I had purchased for other projects but next time you go somewhere that serves drinks they will generally give you a coaster. Heck, don't let it get wet pick it up and save it for your next crafting project. These coasters were 4" in diameter so I cut two circles from the extra green I had printed. Adhered the vinyl directly to the coaster and it will help preserve the coaster too acting as a water barrier. Cut a scalloped circle at 3.6" from pre-loaded on the Imagine and flood filled with Blossom pattern.
To put the sand in the glass jar I used a funnel. If you have no funnel roll up some paper and tape it.
There are three butterflies on the glass container.
Wall Decore - Place mats with silverware - 8.05" - pattern
Green shadow on place mats - 8.50" - I wanted a wider border.
Butterflies 1.5"
Coasters - 4" & 3.6"
Tip - Don't put your vinyl on your mat backwards. I did that with one piece and I had a big mess. The side you're supposed to print on really suck to the mat. I had to use soap and scrap it off.
Thanks for stopping by andI have a few projects lined up for this week. Be sure to drop by Creative Critterz Imaginations for my Home Decor inspiration this week.
Yvonne

5 comments:

marlene said...

What an awesome imagination you have when it comes to scrapbooking. Way to go girl!! Looks super!!

Marilyn said...

What a great idea! Love it! Thank you for sharing this awesome idea!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful you have great ideas .
Marilyn

Crafty Teacher said...

Your table came out looking gorgeous! Did you do anything to seal the vinyl as the ink will smear if it gets wet? I could see this being great on a coffee table too. Very pretty. :)

Mickey's Craft World said...

Wow I absolutely love love this idea!!! Awesome!!