Monday, October 10, 2011

Let's Go Boo-ing!

Hi There,
The is my Boo-ing basket I designed for my weekly post over at Creative Critterz Imaginations.

What is "Boo-ing"?
It starts the 1st of October and continues up until the 30th of October. You make a small treat (a bag of candy,cookies,whatever you want) attach the poem and Boo-ing directions and leave it on a friend's or neighbor's doorstep at night and ring the bell before making a quick get away.
It's fun to see how many neighbors have "Boo" signs on their door or windows. Once it gets started it spreads quickly.
I started it in my neighhood last year as it was a new subdivision and it was a lot of fun! I have a lot of crafty time so I make most of the items for my basket but you can certainly get goodies from a dollar store too!
The "BOO" sign the recipent will post on their front door.
Printed and cut using CCR.
Black container from Michaels. Vinyl letters - Happy Hauntings 2.5" Glitter applied over vinyl.
Click here for details.
Vinyl on glasses - Happy Hauntings - all characters 4". Inside the glasses I put a juice pouch. the cups you saw in an earlier post.
Charger Plate from Michaels.You saw one last week and I have one more to share yet!
Also entering the plate in the monthly Cricut Circle Blog Challenge,
Happy Hauntings Cartridge
Tree - 6"
Stars - .5 - 1"
Ghosts - 2"
Bats - 1.2"
Happy Halloween - 1.2"
Tag from Tags, Bags, & More- 4.5"
Snapshot - Nature pattern cartridge
Attached this to the side of the basket.
This is the poem I put inside the Halloween card.
The air is cool, the season Fall
Soon Halloween will come to all
Your friends are after things to do
In fact, a friend brought this to you
On your front door is where it hangs
It wards off Winter’s icy pangs
The things that came with coupled note
Are yours to keep, enjoy them both
The fun begins when Friends like you
Will copy this and make it TWO
The others here among our friends
Will give Halloween treats that will not end
Don’t forget a nifty treat
Like something cute or something sweet
Please join the fun, let’s really hear it


And spread some Halloween spirit!
The card I stamped and embossed - no cricut cuts.
Also included some of the test tube treat holders I posted here last week and some Halloween cookies.
Tuesday I'll be sharing another Boo Basket but with an older theme.....
So, what are you waiting for...get out there and "BOO" somebody!
Yvonne


4 comments:

marlene said...

Boo-ing reminds me of a Secret Pal theme. One of my girlfriends had me drop a present off at a ladies house so the lady didn't know who her secret pal was. Neat idea.

Shari said...

This is great. I used to have a similar sheet I received from a neighbor years ago. You've inspired me to find it and get to work! Wonderful project.

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year I'll do this, I've heard of it but never have done it...seems like a cute way to bring the community together too! Great projects!

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

This is an adorable idea. Love all you did. Great job