Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cookies For Santa

Good Morning My Crafty Friends!

This project is probably one of my favorites. While I was out shopping at Sam's Club on the week-end I spotted this very cute set of dishes to hold Santa's Goodies. There were four different designs and I stood there and looked and looked for a very long time. Finally I made a decision...of course the one I wanted was on the bottom so had to dig it out....then I decided it would be more special for Xavier if Nana just made him a set.

So after much more shopping to find just the right dinnerware assortment I started creating. The plate, cup and bowl were bought at Target and are not breakable. The cute little deer was bought at Kohl's in the picture frame department.  Lots of style to choose from...again a hard decision.
Cartridges used:
From My Kitchen - Gingerbread -  1.3" & Cookies - 1.3"
George & Basic Shapes - Moon - 2.1"
Joys of the Season - Candy Cane - 2.3"
Christmas Solutions - Santa Sleigh - 2.3"
Lyrical Letters - for - .85" Santa - 1.3" (welded on Gypsy)
Cartridges Used
Christmas Solutions - Reindeer - 3.3"
Lyrical Letters - Reindeer Feed - .7"
If you look closely I glued a read pearl to the deer nose - Rudolf. Also altered a little book that the pages can tear out of so Xavier can write his letter to Santa and attach it to the note holder with the clip.
Lastly Santa needs some Milk to wash down those cookies.
Snowflakes - punch
Lyrical Letters - Milk for - .7" Santa - 1.3"

It's already to go into my suitcase to take with me tomorrow!

I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have making it.

Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww they are so cute! I am sure Xavier and Santa will love them. Enjoy your trip!!
Sherry

featheredheaven said...

Hey Yvonne!
This set is adorable! I just love it! I do have a question though....is the vinyl dishwasher safe? I haven't used vinyl with my cricut, so have no clue on how to "finish" an item. Do you need to do anything special to protect the vinyl to keep it from washing off?
Love all your projects!
Have an awesome Va-K!
Sue O

Heather R... mousemomma said...

These are really cute! I'd love to try this idea for my grandson. TFS!