Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentine Votives

Happy Friday!

Do you remember Monday I told you I had some Valentine candles to share? Well here they are.
Last week-end I stopped into Bath & Body Works. If you look closely inside the glass votive you can see a small candle. They were selling these for $1.50 and they gave you the glass votive for it. I bought three on Saturday and went back on Sunday, as it was the last day of the sale and bought 10 more. I can see these for every occasion.

Obviously they are all decorated with vinyl. The cricut cartridge used for the cuts was Sweethearts. This is more of a wedding cartridge but worked great cause I didn't have any Valentine cartridges. I know....hard to imagine right? :) The characters are all cut at 2" and the wording was about 1 1/2".
I used a small punch for the tiny hearts.

BTW the candles are scent flavored. The green one is mint chocolate. Makes me want to eat it rather than smell it.

You will be seeing more of these little gems done up. I'm already thinking spring, with some flowers on the votive and maybe some rhinestones or pearls in the centre of the flowers. Once I get going the possibilities are endless.




Enjoy your week-end. We're experiencing warmer than usual temperatures for this time of the year so I think I'll try and do something outside.

Yvonne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Yvonne,and a greay bargain too!!
Sherry

Chelle said...

OMG, how stinkin cute are these!!! I love those tiny hearts! Good job on bargain hunting!! TFS

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

So cute and makes a great gift too . Wonder if they have those at B&BW in Canada

HappyPlaceJen said...

Super cute valentine holders!! I also stocked up on these B&BW candles and did some glass etching. The vinyl won't get too hot and wrinkle when the candle is lit? If not, I'm going to do some vinyl, too!! I love what you chose for them! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Merilee Lane said...

These are so adorable! :o)