Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Time Is It?

Hi There,

I can't seem to get the day of the week right so I probably don't know  what time it is either. I said earlier I was going to post on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. I am managing to get in the three posts but not necessarily on those days!

My mojo has been a little off later...I haven't crafted for almost a week. That's so not me. This morning I decided to pull out my stamps and inks and try something different.

The card is basic although there are lots of different techiniques used.

With the exception of the black cardstock the remainder paper started off a vanilla color.
The large background piece was done using a blender pad and Tim Holtz inks - Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey. Once I had made a solid background I stamped images of clock gears randomly over the paper with Pumice ink. The stamps are from Stampin' UP.

For the clock piece I used the same three inks above and then usng versamark stamped the image and embossed with SU detail black powder.

Spellbinders circle nestabilities  to cut out the clock and to make the black layer.  Went searching through my stash of accessories and found some metal embellishments that were a good fit. Added a couple black brads to the clock too.
It was a quick project and I now have a maculine card on hand for that next birthday!

Better go work on another project while I'm inspired!

Yvonne

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Very nice masculine card! Can't wait to see what your 'mojo' cooks up for your next inspiration.

Chelle said...

I like this card!!! It could be for anything, really. Good luck w/ the mojo, ;) TFS