Monday, February 6, 2012

TOAD-ally Adorable!

Hi There!

My turn this week to post over at Creative Critterz Imaginations. The last two weeks the theme has been Valentines. There's been cards, home decor and gift packaging. Just lots of great projects.

A tip for today as well - How to get your paper to stick to your Cricut  mats better! Once I place my paper on my mat I use a brayer to press down the paper. It seems to help the whole piece adhere better and stay stuck. If you don't have a brayer use a rolling pin - same idea.

So that brings us to our next theme over at Creative Critterz Imaginations.  FROGS That was our only criteria.
I struggled a little bit with an idea for this project. Originally I wanted to do a scrapbook page but the mojo just wasn't there. Sometimes that happens. Finally decided on a card but wanted to show you some little things you can add to your card to make it "pop" a little more.

Cartridges Used
Frog - Create a Critter
All paper printed and cut with Imagine - Nursery Tails

Project designed using CCR. I must say it is really working well these days! I used the shadow shape of the frog (5.5") and welded two images together for the base of the card. The remaining layers are printed at 5.25".

This is what the pieces look like taken directly from the mat and layered.

This image I inked around the edges of the pink on the cheeks and tummy. Also I inked in blue around the base of the card.

Added some black stitching for detail.

Decided some goggly eyes made him look more alive.


Froggy also has glossy cheeks. Below you can see the difference. I used Glossy Accents to create a shiny surface. Basically it's a thick clear liquid that when dry it remains glossy and raised slightly.


The phrase on his tummy created using Grafix Rub-ons. These are made using your computer font and printer.

See you Wednesday.
 
Yvonne
 

No comments: