Saturday, September 29, 2012

A B C's

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I'm part of a new blog that shows Cricut projects everyday. I design on the 30th of each month. The new blog is Cricut FANatics. Be sure to stop by for a visit.

Today I'd like to share a home decor project and a some little book marks. The book marks follow the monthly theme of end of summer/back to school.

This wall hanging is for my newest Grandson for Christmas. I started with a white canvas 14x20. Painted the background a very light blue and then created a frame look with a darker blue.

The letters are from the Planting SchoolBook cartridge and are between 1.75" and 2.5".Each letter was faux stitched with a black pen. Zooballo was used for the animals and were sized accordingly to the letter. I used CCR to design and cut everything with my Imagine and all images were printed using Bubblegum Stripes.
Black pearls were added to each animal and additional embellishments of dew drops and ribbon were added. Xyron machine used for adhesive.

The cute little characters are Page Pals from the Cricut Craftroom and are available digitally. They were quick to make. They were all cut at 4". Industrial Glow was used for the printing of the paper.
Thanks for stopping by!
Yvonne
Cricut Info and Supplies Used:
Designed by- Yvonne Balmer
Cartridges Used: Plantin SchoolBook
                            Zooballo
                            Bubblegum Stripes
                            Page Pals - Digital
                            Industrial Glow
Cricut Machine: Imagine
Project Type: Home Decor
Project Theme: Baby, Child
Additional Supplies - Dew Drops, Ribbon, Black Pen, Pearls, Inks for shading Page Pals.

2 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful frame Yvonne love the bright colors I'm sure your new grandson will love it . Congratulations on your new DT posting . I visit their blog regularly so will watch for your postings . Thanks for sharing
Marilyn

marlene kiley said...

So cute! Haven't heard from you and thought you got lost on that 40 mile bike run. Just thinking of you doing such a long run makes me tired. Good for you. glad someone I know keeps in shape. Now where did I put that piece of pie???