Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Votives

Hi There,

First off I'll apologize for the not so great photos. These are hard to photograph without a glare, but they really are super cute.

Last January I was in Body Works and they were clearing out all their old Christmas fragrance tea lights. The tea lights were regular $3.50 and discounted to $1.50 plus they gave you a glass holder for each tea light free. I bought a FEW!

These decorate up great with vinyl. The Cricut cartridge used is Create A Critter 2. This is a great cartridge. Besides the cute critters there are lots of holiday themed icons and phrases. Great value!
The red and green vinyl is shiny/shimmery.
The snowflakes are a punch. I also glittered some of the vinyl. Punch or cut out your vinyl shape, the I use my sticker maker and apply adhesive to the front side of the die cut. Shake on my glitter, give it a bit of a rub and I now have glitter vinyl. The glitter stays stuck very well.


On the opposite side of the bird I have JOY and music notes on the sides.

If I get tired of these I can simply peal off the vinyl and create another theme.
I still have three or more shapes all cut and ready for assembly but ran out of holders and possible people to give them to.
 
I think I will stay away from any malls today - it being Saturday and all!
If you have to venture out shopping today - Good Luck!
 
Yvonne
 

2 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

These are so cute and would make a great gift or stocking stuffer. Tks. for the tip on how to glitter the vinyl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.