Thursday, March 7, 2013

Soccer Card

HI There,

My card today is for one of my Great Nephews. His birthday was on the 5th...I didn't forget it but I didn't get my card done either. I was having trouble coming up with an idea. They're getting older so I have to keep coming up with new ideas.

Sports Mania cartridge is where the images for the soccer ball, soccer jersey, and the inside of the card too. Jersey was cut at 3 1/2" and the ball at 2.25". The inside was 5.25 square.
The pennant is from Everyday Paper Dolls. The image did not some with a shadow so I cut one at 1.3" and one at 1.45". On the smaller pennant I cut off the tabs on the left.

The background printed from Industrial Glow cartridge.
The shirt and pennant were inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint.
Cheers To You - Stampin' Up Stamp
The lettering on the jersey done with Grafix Rub-ons.
Soccer ball was cut then inked with versamark and embossed with clear powder three times to give it a nice glossy look.
I must say this was probably one of the quickest cards I've made from beginning to end. I did all my designing on CCR to get a good idea for the sizing of the individual pieces.

That's all I've got for today .... but I do have two scrapbook pages ready to post and an Easter card...so stay tuned.

Yvonne

1 comment:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Great masculine card lots of texture and vibrant colors.
Marilyn