Friday, March 1, 2013

Vertical Stair Step Card

Hi There,

Thanks Marlene for sending me the link to this style of card. The template can be found here.

I must admit I am  challenged when I look at a template on a piece of paper. I do much better if I can use my ruler and take dimensions off of the real thing. When it's on paper I can't visualize it folded. Needless to say I was making the cutting and calculations way more difficult than it needed to be.

The flower is from Heartfelt Creations and colored with Copic Markers. The flower was colored and cut out a second time and then glossy accents applied. Nestabilities to cut the circles and ovals.
Butterfly from one of the new Creative Card cartridges just released from provocraft. No....I didn't buy it...there was a freebie for a week on Cricut Craftroom and that was when I used it! I did add a little ink around the edges of the butterfly and then some pearls for the body.
I should try making up a couple more of these before I forget how!
Challenges:
Melinda's Paper Crafting  - Anything with wings.
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Happy Campers - Use your Favorite stamp

The week-end is here....I don't have any plans yet but that will probably change.

Yvonne

10 comments:

Nellie said...

Oh my, that is amazing!

Nellie said...

Oh my, that is amazing!

Brenda said...

What a unique card Yvonne! I've never seen one like this and I'm liking it! lol Your flower is beautiful and I just love your butterfly! Fabulous papers as well. Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting Cricut challange ;-)

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

well done - love the colours - Nancy

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card great coloring of the flower . Tks. for the link to the template for the card
Marilyn

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Yvonne, the flower looks so real... Love it, Thanks for joining us at Happy Campers x

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is gorgeous. I definitely need to try one of these. I love cool fold cards. Beautiful colors and I love the butterfly. Thanks for playing along at My Paper Crafting.

Sheena said...

So pretty! I love that pattern paper :) Thanks for playing along with us at CWC-My Paper Crafting.com

~Sheena

Janet Baldwin said...

Love this card. Must have a go at this style. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

Jen said...

Gorgeous card, Yvonne! What a unique fold! Love your color palette and all the wonderful details. Thanks so much for linking up to our "Things With Wings" challenge at MyPaperCrafting.com this week.

~ Jen, MPC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com